This is a collection of monster tricks and demented demi-god stunts. It is a companion ability to EVIL EYE, a half step up from KAHUNA and ALCHEMY, some also ran abilities typical to the seedier side of Wizards and Witches. It’s what the fiend with WILL TO POWER or TRANSMUTATION or WONDER POWER is also keeping in his nightstand. Although it may not be the guy’s main thing, some of these tricks are quite memorable. The suite of abilities described in this listing are the final frontier when it comes to being obnoxious. This stuff will officially make you a major monster.
Although we do not like to add prerequisites to powers, it is strongly suggested that the character have something else going for them that somehow fits the theme of these abilities. He/she/it needs to have an equal number of points invested in other powers, most typically BODY MODIFICATION. Being an alchemist or an undead wizard or a fifty meter long glob of pseudopods would fill the bill nicely.
Mechanics: Only one application may be used at a time. Applications not active may still be evident. Your eyes are still glowing, there’s a giant flame whip in your hands, the air still smells of burnt lotus, but you can only deploy the power to either boil someone alive or banish them from your sight or swallow them whole. Choices, choices. The guy you boiled last action can be banished next action. The suite cost 75 points plus SAVE for any five applications or 120 plus SAVE for access to all of them. In general, most applications function using a standard combat roll and have a range equal to the power’s SAVE. The applications are:
- Accelerate/Halt: The ability to speed up or slow down targets. Can be used on people, animals or objects. Effect is single target. Target must be in motion at the time that the power is applied.
- When used to speed up a target, multiplies the target’s MPS by the power’s ACT. Remains in effect for a full action once applied or for as long as the user continues to have this application active. Does not increase speed further than the ACT multiplied initially. (You can speed something up to the ACT X MPS once. Prolonging the application simply maintains the new speed.) Increasing an object or person’s speed may add up to the power’s ACT in dice of damage.
- When used to slow down a target, reduces the target’s speed to a fraction based on the power’s ACT. ACT of 10 (Mutant) would be 1/10th, ACT of Omega would be 1/24th. Remains in effect for a full action once applied or for as long as the user continues to have this application active. Reduces a target’s DODGE by two levels for the duration. May reduce a projectile’s damage potential by up to the ACT in dice. May also apply to a target’s HTH Damage.
Mechanics: Activates with a standard stunt roll against people and vehicles. Against all other targets, the defending level should be determined by the judge using the object’s SIZE and SPEED as considerations. Range to apply the application is equal to SAVE in meters. Even if prolonged, the power’s hold over the target is released if the target should move further than the SAVE in miles from the user.
- Ban/Banish/Leave/Quit/Vanish. User can utterly remove himself from a hostile situation at whim. While removed, no one will be able to find the user. The user may similarly cause a person or object which is causing distress to be removed from near proximity and swept off to a place where the target can do no immediate harm.
A. This function is entirely dependent on the user’s immediate emotional state. The more frightened the user is, the further away the user or his target will be transported.
B. Except for referencing the user’s immediate emotional state, the effect of this power is entirely random. The banished will be mystically and immediately whisked off to some destination which is safe and non-restraining, but very far away—from the next town to clear on the other side of the world. The user has no control over the selection of the destination.
C. Self as Target. Using this function on yourself is a signal that you are giving up the fight. It prevents the user from returning to the situation from which he has just fled in any way, shape or form. For a duration of the ACT in actions, no one will be able to locate the user or interact with the user in any way. When used on himself, the power may activate at any time in a combat round, even if it is not the user’s turn to move.
D. Other’s as Target. Requires a standard combat roll. Unlike above, activates on the user’s portion of the action and not before or after. Target may be up to SAVE in meters away from the user. The actual range transported is dependent on the rules above. Targets without some form of mental defenses will be mystified as to where they are and what has happened to them for the ACT in actions. They will not be able to be found by others for the same duration. There is, however, nothing to prevent the target from using his own abilities to signal others. Targets with powers such as BODY CONTROL, 6TH SENSE or SHIELD may be able to negate the duration of being confused. Targets who have been Banished before are immune to being mystified. After that, enjoy the scenery, because you’re getting home on your own.
- Bleach/Color/Brighten/Glow. User glows, radiates colored lights or illuminated vapor mists or whatever his concept calls for. The user can make the area within the SAVE in meters brighter or darker or paint it in pastels or change the color of any solid object. Color changes can be selective (I only wish to turn Bruce pink) and are permanent at the user’s whim.
- Bless/Hone/Improve/Invest/Surge/Toughen. The user can improve the offensive and defensive abilities of others. The improvement lasts for one action, but does not have to be deployed immediately. Only one blessing may be awarded to a target at a time. The target has the SAVE in actions to make use of the bonus. Target must use all of the bonus on one action. These bonuses are derived via the user’s linked level. The bonus takes ONE of the following forms, to be decided by the target:
- Immediate increase of SAVE to the target’s HTK or STUN or REC or MPS or DEFL totals.
- Award of a Conditional Advantage of + ACT to one stunt roll or combat roll.
- Bonus of ACT to the target’s IB.
- Increase in damage of ACT in dice to one attack.
- Multiply the range of an attack by the ACT or double the AOE.
- Boil/Melt. User has the ability to super-heat targets, causing them to eventually boil or melt. Each action of the Boil attack requires a separate standard combat roll to activate or continue. The attack has some physical manifestation (a ray, a stream of flame) which connects the user to his target. It is a single target attack, useable on objects as well as living targets. Deploying a Boil attack requires the user to remain more or less stationary. (User can dodge and defend himself as per normal, but he may not change position or chase after a target while the attack is underway.) The range of a Boil attack is equal to the SAVE in meters.
- This power causes physical damage. It is a standard attack with a built in special effect. When a target is stunned, it has been boiled. When a target is reduced to zero HTK or less, it has been melted.
- Boil inflicts the ACT in dice of damage on the first attack. The damage doubles for each success each action.
EXAMPLE: Stan attacks Velsom with his Boil attack, which is rated at Mutant level (ACT 10). On the first action, it inflicts 10 dice of damage. On the second action, it inflicts 20 dice of damage. On the third action it inflicts 40 dice of damage. On the forth action it inflicts 80 dice of damage.
- On every action following the first, the number of dice last inflicted by Boil drops to half and continues to affect the target. The reduced dice of damage will continue to affect the target until the total is reduced to under 1 dice.
EXAMPLE: After being on the receiving end of Stan’s 80 dice of damage, Velson decides to flee the scene. Stan fails to hit Velsom on the next action, but Velsom still receives 40 dice of damage on the next action. Assuming that Velsom stays out of Stan’s line of fire, the damage inflicted on him will drop in half each successive action, from 40 to 20 to 10 to 5 to 2 to 1
EXAMPLE: During a fight with Stan, Velsom is hit three different times with the Boil attack on three successive actions. The first attack causes 10 dice of damage, the second 20 dice and the third 40 dice. On the fourth and fifth attacks, Stan misses. Velsom still takes 20 dice of damage on the fourth action and 10 dice on the fifth action. Stan hits on the sixth action, inflicting 20 dice. (You either get the half of the previous round’s damage or it doubles—the effect is not additive.)
- Targets are entitled to reduce the damage inflicted by their DEFL Total on each attack. SHIELD and FORTITUDE negate the damage doubling effect, but not the half damage effect. Persons with BODY CONTROL and CONTAINMENT and perhaps some other abilities are entitled to a stunt roll to negate the damage inflicted. Targets endowed with NRG FORM and MOLECULAR CONTROL are immune to Boil.
- Boil functions instantly on targets of Mutant size or smaller. Targets of Superhuman size or larger divide the damage inflicted on them by their SIZE ACT. You cannot boil a target larger than a skyscraper or aircraft carrier (although the power could be used to melt through parts of them.)
- Bury/Submerge: User is capable of causing a target to sink into the ground or beneath the water at a rate of the ACT divided by the target’s SIZE ACT in meters per action, for objects Mutant SIZE or smaller. Targets Superhuman SIZE or larger should use the ACT corresponding to the general weight and SIZE found on the LIFT description of the STR chart. Requires a standard combat roll to apply. Requires a surface deep enough to contain the target. Whatever other conditions are imposed on the target is dependent on the depth to which the target is eventually buried and the material about the target. The ground or whatever substance the target is being sunk into, seals up with target’s passing, entombing the target. The user may reverse the process at the same rate. Targets must either be stationary,’claimed’ (as per the description below) or traveling across an area which has been subject to the Claim power.
EXAMPLE: Busko has Bury rated at Mutant level. He is using his power on a office chair, which has a relative size of Below Average. In cases of Below Average or Average sized objects, you get the full distance of ACT. Busko would be able to bury the chair 10 meters down in a single action.
EXAMPLE: Busko is attempting to Bury a military armored personnel carrier. Busko’s Bury power has an ACT of 10. The judge determines that the armored personnel carrier, a type of military vehicle, has the relative SIZE of a bus, with an ACT of 12. This means that Busko can bury the target at a rate of 0.83 meters per action.
- Chisel/Hack/Pop/Saw. The user possesses an energy blast or autonomous force which is capable of acting expertly and artistically as a tool. Great for making furniture and graven images of himself, but also occasionally useful as a weapon. Extends the user’s HTH Attack range by the SAVE in meters. Can either (a) add ACT in dice plus SAVE in points to the user’s HTH Attack or (b) inflict the ACT in dice plus SAVE in tangle or (c) reduce the damage inflicted by a single attack per action by the SAVE plus ACT in points.
- Claim. This is a temporary and lite version of the power IMPART. The user is putting a mark of ownership on people and places and things. In order to operate, the user must have an uncontested monopoly on the use of force in a given area for at least the ACT minus 25 hours or full possession of the object or the willing participation of the person involved. Claim allows the user to feel the target as if it were his own skin, to share thoughts back and forth, to operate the target as if it were a limb. It extends the user’s range of sensations to the claimed target.
- Claimed People. Can be Blessed at any range and are assumed to be under a blessing when first encountered. A claimed person’s blessing does not expire after a duration, but they will need to be re-blessed once the bonuses are deployed. Claimed people can communicate with the user telepathically only when they are within the SAVE in meters of the user.
- Claimed Area. Area claimed may match the dimensions in Clean/Clear/Lather above. One assumes that the Clean process is somehow involved in Claiming an area. The user can remotely operate anything within the Claimed Area, however he has to be within the SAVE in meters from the device being operated. The user can make changes to a claimed area. They can move walls and relocate hallways and doors at whim. If the user is ever forced out of a claimed area, the effects of claiming fade quickly: the area will be entirely free of the user’s influence within the SAVE in actions of the user fleeing.
- Claimed Objects: The user is able to operate anything he gets a hold of. He can operate it remotely within the SAVE in meters. Claiming objects has two preconditions. First, the user can only claim an object that they actually possess. You cannot claim a sword that is still in someone else’s hands. You cannot claim a computer system which is under the control of another computer or network. The user has to break the chain of custody first, he has to take the object away. Claiming in and of itself does not sever connections. You cannot claim a tank which is being operated by an unclaimed crew. You need to get the crew out of the tank before you can claim it. Second, you cannot really claim extranormal equipment belonging to another person. The best you can do, over time, is Salvage it. (See rules below.)
- Clean/Clear/Lather. User has a supernatural ability to condition the area around him to his liking. Its primarily a cosmetic ability, although on a grand scale. The area of effect of this power is the ACT times SAVE in square meters. In a blink, everything is clean and tidy. Or just the way our user likes it, which might mean slightly damp and dripping with mold or whatnot. Living targets with actual extranormal abilities are immune to this effect.
- Decay/Infest/Defile/Rot. User is a master of disease and entropy, a spreader of plague and a distributor of rust. Your presence pollutes. You foul things, curdle milk, make water undrinkable, cause the air to choke with soot. And that’s just by showing up. When you focus, you can really ruin an opponent’s day.
- Defile: Breaks the Claim that any other party may have over an area or object. Requires a combat roll to hit and then a second stunt roll using SUPERNATURAL FORCE’s level as the active level and the target’s POWER level as the defending level. When used on a person, breaks the hold of any influence other than the user’s, causes the target to lose their IB, reduces the target’s MPS to half and drops REC to zero. And the defiled person feels mentally smudgy and personally invaded. Duration is ACT. Any target that has been defiled and then rendered unconscious may be claimed by the user. (Stunned or knocked out.)
- Infest: Inflicts a wasting disease to living targets. Bypasses DEFL and causes SAVE in points of damage. On the round after the attack, the target must make a stunt roll using his CON as the active level against SUPERNATURAL FORCE’s linked level. Success means that the damage inflicted may be healed normally. Failure inflicts another SAVE in points of damage, also bypassing the DEFL score. Worse, the target then infects the nearest teammate, provided that the teammate is within Infest’s SAVE in meter’s away. The process continues until the target (and similarly inflicted teammates) succeed in their stunt rolls or die.
- Decay/Rot: Reduces the target’s DEFL score by the ACT in dice, per application. (You can Rot someone more than once.) If the target has no DEFL score, reduces the target’s REC total. If either the REC or DEFL score are already at zero, applies to HTK. Rot is permanent for normal targets. For extranomal targets, Rot last SAVE in actions.
- Defenses Against Attacks: Targets endowed with MYSTIC, KAHUNA, ALCHEMY and EMPATH are immune to Defile. Targets endowed with CONTAIMENT and BODY CONTROL are immune to Infest. Standard defensive powers such as FORTITUDE and SHIELD also apply and there may be some actions or other abilities which may constitute some defense against this function.
- Rotting fruit and curdling dairy products are evident aspects of this application and do not require active use. The attacks described above are all active uses of the application and only one of them can be deployed at a time.
- Devour/Swallow/Chew/Ingest/Suck. You eat people. You personally or something you command has the ability to swallow a human being whole, chew on them and then digest them. This application also conveys the ability to eat anything without fear.
- The power has a range of ACT in meters. It requires a standard combat roll to affect a target. The target has been enveloped into the user’s body or into some force the user has control over.
- The power reduces the target’s DEFL total by the ACT in points for each action the target remains ingested. It also inflicts the ACT in dice each action. Once the target is reduced to zero HTK, the target has been ingested and is dead.
- Targets are also tangled and cannot move unless they break free. In the case of a user who swallows folks himself, the tangle inflicted is equal to the user’s HTK Total. Otherwise the tangle points are equal to the SAVE.
- User receives a point for point bonus to his recovery for every point of damage inflicted on the target by the Devour application. Applies only to human and humanoid targets.
- Target defenses. There are any number of nasty things a target can do which would probably make the user regret eating them. This ability conveys no additional capacity other than what has been explained. Targets with SLIMESKIN are immune to the attack entirely.
- Kill. User has an aspect of his being which kills normal people instantly. In game terms, a normal person is someone with a Below Average. The user need only to land a blow or successfully project an attack at a normal person and the target is killed instantly. Alternatively, the Kill application can take the form of a separate projected attack with the range of SAVE. The user has death beams projected from his glowing eyes or speaks a special word or gestures hypnotically at his target or whatever.
- As a preclusive action, the user may attack all of the normal people within the SAVE of meters of his position. Requires the user to make a separate combat roll against each target.
- As an application of the power, the user may kill any target who has been reduced to zero HTK or below. If the user’s own attack has reduced a target to below zero HTK, the user may apply the application automatically. Otherwise the Kill attack requires a separate roll. This is the only aspect of the Kill application which applies to normal and extranormal targets equally.
- Mine/Restructure/Salvage/Separate. The user has an intrinsic ability to extract and refine substances, to create alloys, polymers and compounds, to reduce constructs to their components. It effectively replaces the Alchemist’s lab full of equipment with an individual set of tool and device like powers which emulate the same functions. That said, it is not instant nor particularly quick acting.
- Quake/Shake/Spill/Spin/Swell/Vibrate/Wiggle: The user is possessed of a poltergeist-like ability to cause targets to move in disturbing ways. He can also temporarily make parts of a target’s anatomy swell to unnatural proportions. The user may also project this ability over areas and use it on himself.
- Area Poltergeist. Causes the ground to shake light objects present to spin, spill and roll around erratically through the area. Causes a Combat Disadvantage of minus the ACT on attacks launched by persons standing on the ground in the area. Functions throughout a Claimed area or within the SAVE of the user. Weapons fumbled or dropped will start to spin and race away.
- Disable Others. Target is sent spinning, is upended, is moving erratically and is incapable of controlling their own movements or physical actions. Requires a standard combat roll. Range is SAVE in meters and the duration is ACT. Effect may be aggravated by the target’s active use of SUPER SPEED, FLIGHT, ELONGATION and perhaps some other powers. Those folks really go flying. Persons endowed with BODY CONTROL and perhaps some other powers may be entitled to a stunt roll to break the hold of the Disable. Alternatively, the user may cause parts of the target’s anatomy to swell, to suddenly grow to an unnatural proportion. The most a portion can be swelled to is equal to the target’s initial mass. It is up to the judge to determine what impairment the target may have as a result of the sudden transformation. One imagines most targets will spend an action or two freaking out. Targets endowed with ELONGATION and FLUID FORM are immune to the Swell application.
- Use on Self: Gives the user the ability to spin and whip around. Adds the power’s SAVE to the user’s MPS score. Makes the user impossible to grapple. Increases the user’s DODGE by three levels. Alternatively, enables the user to swell portions of his own anatomy. See rule directly above.
- Rain/Persistent Environmental Condition. User has control of the weather conditions throughout the Claimed area or within the SAVE in meters from himself. He can make it rain, snow, sleet, dry the air of all moisture, put down a fog or cause any natural effect. The ability cannot produce any violent effect, but the condition may impair movement, attacks or perception. (Judge call.)
- Roar/Scream/Thunder. The user can emit a deep, rumbling, piercing roar over a great distance. This noise can be heard as far as the ACT in miles away. Similarly, the user can make his voice heard over the same distance. At whim, the user can silence all spoken communication within the SAVE in meters. The user can drown out all noises within the SAVE in meters. The first time the user’s opponents hear the user’s roar, they suffer a reduction of the power’s ACT to their IB and a decrease to their MPS of the SAVE. If either the target’s IB or MPS are reduced to zero or below, they are considered to be frozen in place for that action.
- Stink. The user stinks. It is physically uncomfortable to be in his presence. All HTH Attacks against the user are at two levels below the opponent’s normal ACC. There is a one in six chance that anyone striking the user will become covered in whatever it is that makes the user stink and will be at a two level disadvantage to all stunt rolls for the next SAVE in actions. The user may also choose to skunk an opponent, causing stink to be flung at an opponent within SAVE in meters. Using Stink as either an offense or an active defense counts as an application of the SUPERNATURAL FORCE ability. Otherwise the user just stinks.
Alternative Powers: A character may not allocate for an alternative power if they have already allocated for SUPERNATURAL FORCE.
BAG of BAD: User may deploy five applications of SUPERNATURAL FORCE per day. Cost 30.
MOTION CONTROL: Unlimited use of Accelerate/Halt only. Cost 20 plus SAVE.
DEMI-GOD TRAPPINGS: Unlimited use of Bleach/Color/Brighten/Glow and Clean/Clear/Lather and Rain/Persistent Environmental Condition and Roar/Scream/Thunder. Cost 30.
SPAZ: Unlimited use of Quake/Shake/Spill/Spin/Swell/Vibrate/Wiggle. Cost 25 plus SAVE.
ALCHEMY TOOLBOX: Unlimited use of Mine/Restructure/Salvage/Separate. Cost 15